After home heating, hot water is the second largest user of energy in your home – accounting for 15 percent of your total energy use.
Replacing your water heater when you upgrade your heating system or before it leaks will save you time and money. Have your heating dealer or plumber help you choose the water heater that will fit your needs and start saving energy today!
|Natural gas storage tank water heater**||.62 EF* and greater||$70|
|Natural gas storage tank water heater**||.64 EF* and greater||$85|
|Natural gas storage tank water heater**||.67 EF* and greater||$100|
|Indirect water heater||installed with 91% AFUE or greater condensing boiler||$200|
Note: Ratings will be determined using the Air-conditioning, Heat and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) system.
*EF, Energy Factor, is the ratio of annual useful energy in the heated water to the annual water heater energyconsumption, i.e. the energy going into the water heater.
**Qualifying equipment includes atmospheric, power or direct vent models. Tankless models do not qualify for a rebate. For more information on tankless water heaters, download a tankless fact sheet pdf .
How the program works
1. Work with a heating dealer, plumber or retailer of your choice to determine the best equipment for your home. Buy and install a qualifying water heater in your home during 2010.
Tankless water heaters can be an efficient technology for home water heating, but due to their design, tankless water heaters have high natural gas usage requirements (BTU/hour input) compared to tank-style water heaters. The additional load on our system from tankless water heaters results in undesirable capacity demands during peak daily use periods. We do not offer a rebate on this technology.
2. Complete a application. Simply type yoru information in the interactive fields and then print your completed form.
3. Have your dealer sign the rebate application form.
4. Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased.
5. Mail us the completed application, including required signatures along with dated sales invoice within 90 days of installation or postmarked by Dec. 31, 2010, or whichever comes first.
(For the Purchaser, this required signature is the person that is receiving the rebate check. For the Dealer/Plumber or installer, this required signature is from a representative from the company that installed the equipment or the homeowner if self-installed.)
Water Heater Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
We'll mail your rebate check within four to six weeks of receiving your completed rebate application.
For more information about this program, send us an e-mail or call us at 612-399-1565 or 1-888-525-1565.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota residential heating customers who recieve natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebate funds are limited an dwill be paid on first-come, first served basis.