Cash for customers
Primary heating system rebates
|NATURAL GAS HEATING SYSTEM||Efficiency||MAIL-IN Rebate|
|Forced-air furnace||90% to 94.9% AFUE||$400|
|Forced-air furnace||95% or higher AFUE||$600|
|Hydronic heating system||82% or higher AFUE||$400|
Back-up heating system rebates*
|NATURAL GAS HEATING SYSTEM||Efficiency||mail-in Rebate|
|Forced-air furnace||80% to 89.9% AFUE||$125|
|Forced-air furnace||90% or higher AFUE||$175|
Replacing an electric resistance furnace for a natural gas system is not eligible for a rebate.
*Back-up heating system rebates apply only to new natural gas furnaces used as a back-up system to heat pumps for new construction or natural gas retrofits - not for electric heating retrofits to natural gas. Fuel switching is not eligible.
Note: for rebate to apply, the new equipment must be listed and AFUE verified in the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) directory.
Cash for dealers
Receive a $50 dealer incentive for each qualifying heating system rebate processed listing your company as the installer. In order for CenterPoint Energy to issue ongoing incentive payments to dealers, we must have a current copy of your Form W-9 on file. We update W-9 files every two years in compliance with tax laws.
Rebates are rewarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted. Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Arkansas Public Service Commission.
How the program works
1. Work with your customers to determine the best heating system for their home. Install a qualifying heating system between January 1 - December 31, 2015.
2. Generate a rebate application for your customers and builders. Simply type your information in the interactive fields and then print your completed form. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
3. The rebate application must be signed by a representative of your company and the purchaser of equipment.
4. Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased. Make sure the invoice includes the customer name, installation address, install date, brand, complete model number and serial number.
5. Mail us the completed application, including required signatures, along with your dated sales invoice. In order to secure your rebate, submit all the paperwork by the calendar year end (December 31).
Heating System Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
6. We'll mail your rebate check within eight weeks following the receipt of your completed application.
For more information contact your Energy Efficiency Consultant at 501-377-4646 or send an email.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Arkansas or the Texas communities of Texarkana, Nash, Redwater or Wake Village customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warrant rebated equipment.