Encourage your customers to replace their existing water heater before it leaks. When they upgrade to a qualifying natural gas water heater when replacing their heating system, they will save time and money. Help your customers choose the water heater that will best fit their needs and they'll start saving energy today!
CASH FOR CUSTOMERS
|Natural Gs Water Heater||Energy Factor||Rebate|
|Storage tank||.62 - .63 EF||$70|
|Storage tank||.64 - .66 EF||$85|
|ENERGY STAR® qualified storage tank||.67 EF and greater||$100|
|Indirect water heater||When installed with 90% AFUE or greater condensing boiler||$200|
|Tankless||.82 - .89 EF||$250|
|Tankless||.90 and greater EF||$350|
Note: Efficiency will be determined referencing the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) directory.
CASH FOR DEALERS AND PLUMBERSReceive a $15 dealer incentive for each qualifying water heater rebate processed listing your company as the dealer. Incentive checks are issued on a quarterly basis.
In order for CenterPoint Energy to issue ongoing incentive payments to dealers, we must have a current copy of your Form W-9 on file. We update W-9 files every two years in compliance with tax laws.
How the program works
- Work with your customers to determine the best natural gas water heater for their home. Install a qualifying water heater between January 1-December 31, 2013.
- Generate a rebate application for your customers or builders. Simply type information in the interactive fields and then print the completed form. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
- The rebate application must be signed by a representative of your company and the purchaser of the equipment.
- Attach a copy of the dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased.
- Mail us the completed application, including required signatures along with the dated sales invoice. Submit all requested paperwork by December 31 in the calendar year of installation.
(For the Purchaser, this required signature is the person that is receiving the rebate check. For the Dealer/Plumber or installer, this required signature is from a representative from the company that installed the equipment or the homeowner if self-installed.)
Water Heater Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
We will mail a rebate check to your customer or builder within eight weeks of receiving the completed rebate application.
For more information about this program, send us an email or call us at 612-321-4313 or 800-234-5800 ext. 4313.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota residential homes served with natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy.