Your homebuyers will enjoy more hot water while they save on their energy bills and reduce their impact on the environment with natural gas water heaters.
When you install natural gas water heaters in new homes served by CenterPoint Energy, you will be eligible for a rebate from CenterPoint Energy, plus you can earn 250 Builders Club points for every natural gas storage tank water heater that is installed.
|Type of natural gas water heater||Energy Factor||Rebate|
|Storage tank||.62 – .63 EF*||$70|
|Storage tank||.64 – .66 EF*||$85|
|ENERGY STAR® qualified Storage tank||.67 and higher||$100|
|Indirect water heater||When installed with 90% AFUE or greater condensing boiler.||$200|
|Tankless||.82 - .89 EF||$250|
|Tankless||.90 and greater EF||$350|
Note: Efficiency will be determined referencing the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) directory.
How the program works
1. Work with your dealer or plumber to determine the best natural gas water heater for the homes you build. Install a qualifying natural gas water heater in the homes that you build between January 1 - December 31, 2013.
Tankless water heaters can be an efficient technology for home water heating, but due to their design, tankless water heaters have high natural gas usage requirements (BTU/hour input) compared to tank-style water heaters. The additional load on our system from tankless water heaters results in undesirable capacity demands during peak daily use periods. We do not offer a rebate on this technology.
2. Be sure to get an appropriate rebate application below from your dealer, plumber or retailer for each water heater installed, which includes a dated signature from your dealer.
3. Have your dealer sign the rebate application form.
4. Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the detail of the water heater purchased and installed.
5. Mail us the completed application, including required signatures along with dated sales invoice. Submit all requested paperwork by December 31 in the calendar year of installation. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
(For the Purchaser, this required signature is the person that is receiving the rebate check. For the Dealer/Plumber or installer, this required signature is from a representative from the company that installed the equipment or the homeowner if self-installed.)
Water Heater Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
We'll mail your rebate check within eight weeks of receiving your completed rebate application.
For more information about this program, send us an email or call us at 800-710-SAVE (7283).
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Minnesota residential homes served with natural gas from CenterPoint Energy.