|CenterPoint Energy offers homebuilders great rebates when they purchase and install qualifying high-efficiency heating equipment in the homes they build. |
Work with your heating dealer in selecting the heating system that best suits the needs of your homebuyers and helps them not only save energy and money, but also helps reduce their impact on the environment!
Primary heating systems
|Natural gas forced-air furnace||90% to 94.9% AFUE||$400|
|Natural gas forced-air furnace||95% or higher AFUE||$600|
|Hydronic heating system||82% or higher AFUE||$400|
Back-up heating system rebates*
|Natural gas forced-air furnace||80% to 89.9% AFUE||$125|
|Natural gas forced-air furnace||90% or higher AFUE||$175|
AFUE-Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency.
Replacing an electric resistance furnace for a natural gas system is not eligible for a rebate.
*Back-up heating system rebates apply only to new natural gas furnaces used as a back-up system to heat pumps for new construction or natural gas retrofits - not for electric heating retrofits to natural gas. Fuel switching is not eligible.
Note: Rebate applies to the new equipment listed and AFUE verified in the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) directory.
Rebates are rewarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted. Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Arkansas Public Service Commission.
How the program works
1. Work with your heating dealer to determine the best natural gas heating system for the homes you build on CenterPoint Energy's service lines. Buy and install a qualifying heating system between January 1 - December 31, 2013.
2. Work with your heating dealer or installer to complete a rebate application. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
3. Have your dealer sign the rebate application form.
4. Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased. Make sure the invoice includes the customer name, installation address, install date, brand, complete model number and serial number.
5. Mail us the completed application, including required signatures, along with your dated sales invoice. In order to secure your rebate, submit all the paperwork within 90 days of the installation date or by the calendar year end (December 31), whichever comes first.
Heating System Rebate Program
401 W. Capitol Ave., Suite #102
Little Rock, AR 72201
6. We'll mail your rebate check 6 - 8 weeks following the receipt of your completed application.
For more information contact your Energy Efficiency Consultant at 501-377-4646 or send an email.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Arkansas or the Texas communities of Texarkana, Nash, Redwater or Wake Village customers who receive natural gas service from Center Point Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.
CenterPoint Energy reserves the right to limit any rebate and conduct on-site inspection of installed equipment. All decisions by CenterPoint Energy regarding energy savings, cost savings, rebate amounts and approvals are final. CenterPoint Energy cannot guarantee energy savings and does not warrant rebated equipment.