CenterPoint Energy offers homebuilders great rebates when they purchase and install qualifying high-efficiency water heating equipment in the homes they build.
Work with the dealer or plumber of your choice to select a water heater that fits the needs of your homeowners and start adding to your bottom line with rebates.
For new construction or replacement of natural gas water heater
|Type of natural gas water heater||Energy Factor||mail-in Rebate Amount|
|Tank (40 gallons or more)||.62 or greater EF||$50|
|Tank (less than 40 gallons)||.64 or greater EF||$50|
|Tankless||.80 or greater EF||$250|
Note: Ratings will be determined by referencing the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) and how the piece of equipment is rated in their directory.
Rebates are rewarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until funds are depleted. Rebate program funds are budgeted on an annual basis. Rebate amounts and availability are subject to approval by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
1. Work with the dealer or plumber of your choice to determine the best natural gas water heater for the homes you build. Install a qualifying water heater in the homes you build between January 1 - December 31, 2015.
2. Work with your dealer or plumber to complete a rebate application. Please review all program guidelines and requirements on back of rebate application.
4. Be sure to list the number of occupants in the home on the rebate application. We are unable to process the application without this information.
5. Attach a copy of your dated sales invoice that shows the equipment purchased. Make sure the invoice includes customer name, the install date, brand, complete model number and serial number.
6. Mail us the completed application including required signatures, along with dated sales invoice. In order to secure your rebate, submit all the paperwork by the calendar year end (December 31).
Water Heater Rebate Program
PO Box 59038
Minneapolis, MN 55459-0038
7. We'll mail your rebate check 6 - 8 weeks following the receipt of your completed application.
For more information, contact your Energy Efficiency Consultant by email or call 580-250-5426.
Please note: This rebate offer is only available for Oklahoma customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebates are paid on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some utility rebates are taxable under Internal Revenue Service rules. Customers are responsible for all applicable taxes.