Choosing natural gas is one of the most impactful choices you and our customers can make today. Here are some other great reasons why everybody should make natural gas the natural choice.
- Affordable - Natural gas cost less to use than electricity, propane and heating oil. In fact the operating cost for heating with an air-source heat pump or an electric resistance heater is significantly higher than with a natural gas furnace.
- Comfortable - Natural gas furnaces deliver air at a comfortable 120 - 125 degrees, versus electric air-source heat pumps, which deliver air at lower than body temperature at a cool 90 - 100 degrees.
- Good for the economy - The natural gas industry employs nearly three million Americans and continues to add jobs, providing a boost to the American economy. In fact, 98 percent of the natural gas in the U.S. comes from North America.
- Safe - Natural gas has an excellent safety record, which makes it great for heating, water heating, cooking, and clothes drying. Some natural gas appliances also offer advanced capabilities such as auto shut-off.
- Better for the environment - A home that uses natural gas for heating, water heating, cooking and clothes drying leaves about half the carbon footprint of an all-electric home.