|Green Balance is a carbon-neutral gas purchase program that enables commercial customers to purchase Green Credits to offset all or a portion of their carbon emissions created during natural gas combustion. |
Call today! 800-495-9880
What is Green Balance?
- A carbon-neutral gas purchase program
- Applies Green Credits to a customer's regular natural gas purchases in order to offset the carbon emissions that are created during natural gas combustion
- A Green Credit, also referred to as a carbon credit or carbon offset, is the reduction, sequestration or avoidance of one metric tonne of carbon dioxide, or other carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e)
- Green Credits are sourced from voluntary carbon emissions reduction projects that meet nationally recognized standards
Why should I consider it?
- Allows customers to manage their carbon footprint, meet greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals and promote environmental stewardship
- Customers may select desired level of carbon-neutrality
- Preempt possible government regulations or legislative emissions reduction mandates
How much will it cost?
- Cost varies based on desired level of emissions reduction
- For total neutrality, the program typically increases natural gas costs by 10 to 15 percent (assuming 100 percent offset of carbon emissions)
- Cost appears as a separate line item on monthly natural gas invoice
What else do I get?
- Improve company reputation, enhance stakeholder perception and promote positive brand image
- Ability to expand business to customers or vendors that have environmental management requirements
- Do business with a solid, experienced national energy company