Minneapolis is surrounded by major freeways in all directions, boasts a world-class airport and offers numerous modes of public transportation.
How to go:
Where to stay:
What to do:
- Como Park Zoo & Marjorie Mcneely Conservatory
- Como Town Amusement Park
- Mall of America
- Minnesota Zephyr
- Minnesota Zoo
- Other Attractions
Fast facts about getting around Minneapolis:
- Located halfway between New York and Los Angeles, Minneapolis has the seventh-busiest airport in the country.
- The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport's 34 million annual passengers travel to and from more than 785 cities in 120 countries.
- Metro Transit provides 73 million bus trips per year.
- There are more than 65,000 parking spaces in downtown Minneapolis.
- Most of downtown Minneapolis is linked by more than eight miles of glass-enclosed, climate-controlled Skyways that sit one floor above the ground.
- The Mall of America is the largest mall in the nation. More than 520 stores, 50 restaurants and the country's largest indoor family amusement park occupy the mall's 4.2 million square feet of space.
- Southdale Center, built in 1956, was the first fully enclosed indoor mall in the United States.