Shreveport is home to Centenary College, and thus to many sports events.
- Area parks
- Extreme sports
- Golf courses
- Lakes, bayous and rivers
- River cruises and water recreation
Fast facts about Shreveport sports and recreation:
- Shreveport is home to the PetroSun Independence Bowl which features an SEC team playing a Big 12 team each December.
- Independence Stadium has a seating capacity of 53,000.
- Shreveport Public Assembly & Recreation (SPAR) maintains more than 5,000 acres of land, 132 buildings, 63 park areas and 10 city pools.
- The Shreveport Sports Baseball Club is in the Southern Division of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball.
- There are many golf courses in Shreveport, including the Golf Club at StoneBridge (a Fred Couples signature course) and Olde Oaks Golf Club (a Hal Sutton signature course that is part of the Audubon Golf Trail ).