HOUSTON - April 21, 2011 - CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) announced that at its annual shareholder meeting today, its shareholders:
- Elected Donald R. Campbell, Milton Carroll (non-executive chairman), O. Holcombe Crosswell, Michael P. Johnson, Janiece M. Longoria, David M. McClanahan (president and chief executive officer), Susan O. Rheney, R.A. Walker, Peter S. Wareing and Sherman M. Wolff to serve on the company’s board of directors for one-year terms;
- Ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the company’s independent auditors for 2011;
- Approved the advisory resolution on the compensation paid to the company’s named executive officers as disclosed in the proxy statement;
- Approved in an advisory vote, holding future “say on pay” advisory votes on executive compensation each year;
- Approved the material terms of the performance goals under the company’s short term incentive plan; and
- Approved the proposed amendment to the company’s stock plan for outside directors to increase the number of shares of common stock reserved for issuance under the plan.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines and field services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. Assets total more than $20 billion. With about 8,800 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years. For more information, visit the Web site at www.CenterPointEnergy.com.