HOUSTON - May 4, 2011 - CenterPoint Energy (NYSE:CNP) is introducing energy efficiency program offerings in Oklahoma that will help residential and commercial customers save energy and the environment. The company’s new programs include rebates for efficient water and space heating, and incentives for efficient boilers, boiler components and food service equipment.
Residential and commercial customers can utilize rebates of $125 to $400 per furnace or space heating system and up to $450 for efficient water heating systems. Commercial customers can also receive incentives up to $1,000 for efficient food service equipment and significant rebates for boilers and boiler components.
“By offering these considerable rebates in Oklahoma, we hope to encourage customers to install high-efficiency natural gas equipment in their homes and businesses,” said Richard Leger, Conservation Improvement Program Manager for CenterPoint Energy. “A customer who installs a high-efficiency heating system, a high-efficiency water heater and low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators could reduce their natural gas bill by up to 20 percent-which benefits the consumer and the environment.”
New Residential Energy Efficiency Program Details
- Water Heater Rebates - CenterPoint Energy customers can receive a $50 rebate for high efficiency natural gas tank systems and a $250 rebate on gas tankless systems. Rebates of $100 and $450 are also available for the replacement of electric water heaters with gas tank or tankless systems. After your home’s air conditioning and heating system, water heating is the second largest energy use and energy expenditure in the home. By replacing inefficient water heaters with efficient gas storage heaters or gas tankless systems, depending on operating conditions, a household can save $61 to $115 a year on utility bills.
- Heating System Rebates - CenterPoint Energy is providing rebates up to $400 for new high efficiency natural gas heating systems and up to $475 for natural gas heating systems that replace electric heating units. More efficient furnaces can save almost $100 a year on your utility bill. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it may be time for a replacement.
- Energy Saving Tips - From caulking windows to programmable thermostats, there are many simple, low-cost or no-cost options for saving energy. CenterPoint Energy customers can download energy saving tips at CenterPointEnergy.com/oklahomarebates or contact us at OklahomaEfficiency@CenterPointEnergy.com to request a mailed copy.
New Commercial Energy Efficiency Program Details
CenterPoint Energy’s commercial customers can enjoy the same water heating and space heating rebates offered to residential customers. In addition, they can take advantage of the following programs:
- Boiler and Boiler Component Rebates - Energy efficient boilers provide long-term savings on energy bills. CenterPoint rebates can provide thousands of dollars towards natural gas boilers that are 85 percent or more efficient. Rebates are also available for boiler components such as modulating boiler burners, vent dampers and controls.
- Food Service Rebates - From boilers to fryers, CenterPoint Energy offers rebates of up to $1,000 for a wide variety of food service equipment. Equipment upgrades can help restaurants, cafeterias and schools increase quality, save time and reduce energy costs.
Because of an abundance of natural gas in Oklahoma, customers can enjoy stable, low prices and numerous environmental benefits. All homeowners, businesses and schools served by CenterPoint Energy in Oklahoma are encouraged to take advantage of CenterPoint Energy’s energy saving programs that can lower energy usage, costs and help the environment. To learn more, please visit CenterPointEnergy.com/oklahomarebates.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines and field services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. Assets total more than $20 billion. With about 8,800 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years. For more information, visit CenterPointEnergy.com.