Fireplace Tune-up and Safety Check
Keep your fireplace attractive, warm and safe
Most manufacturers recommend having gas-burning appliances inspected annually by a professional service provider, like CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus® (HSP). In some cases, failure to do so may void your warranty. For more information on proper use, care and energy saving tips, check out the Home Service Plus Learning Center.
An HSP fireplace tune-up includes important safety checks of operations, controls and more, including:
- Blower wheel: Check and clean, if necessary and accessible
- Glass: Clean with recommended glass cleaning compound. HSP offers glass cleaner. Ask your technician, or call 612-861-4745.
- Burners: Clean and vacuum; replace decorative substance as needed (ember material)
- Pilot: Check and clean
- Combustion chamber: Clean, as necessary
- Gas log: Check condition
- System wiring: Check for deterioration
- Ignition: Check and adjust to improve performance
- Thermocouple/powerpile: Check operation
- Safeties: Check condition
- Gas valve: Test for proper operation
- Venting: Check for integrity and proper draft
- Thermostat/remote: Check for proper operation
- Main burner combustion: Check to assure operating safety
- Carbon monoxide (CO): Check for presence of unsafe levels of CO at the time the tune-up is performed.
$119.95 per fireplace; tune-ups on additional units at the same address are $79.95 each.
Plan ahead: Add an annual fireplace tune-up to your HSP Repair Plan for only $8.50 more per month.
|Enroll in maintenance coverage! |
CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus repair and maintenance services are available to homeowners throughout the Minneapolis and St. Paul Twin Cities Metro Area and in many parts of Greater Minnesota. To enroll in coverage, complete our online request form, or call 612-333-1664 in the metro area; toll-free 877-HSP-1664 in Greater Minnesota.