TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CENTERPOINT ENERGY’S HOME SERVICE PLUS® REPLACEMENT ASSISTANCE PLAN
- Eligibility for entering into a contract for CenterPoint Energy’s Home Service Plus® (“HSP”) Replacement Assistance Plan is contingent on your also being enrolled in one of CenterPoint Energy’s other repair plans, including the HSP Basic Repair Plan and the HSP Total Repair Plan. The terms and conditions of your HSP repair plan also apply to HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan. The terms and conditions for HSP’s repair plan and Replacement Assistance Plan can be obtained at www.HSPtoday.com, or by calling, 800-247-0638.
- HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan applies to appliances currently covered by your existing HSP repair plan at the covered residence.
- HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan provides a specified payment to you if CenterPoint Energy determines, at its sole discretion, that the covered appliance is non-repairable because critical parts necessary for the operation of the appliance are no longer available to repair the covered appliance, or because the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the covered appliance.
- HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan will provide you a payment as specified on the chart below for the purchase of new appliance(s) to replace the currently covered non-repairable appliance(s). Used, reconditioned, or damaged appliances, and appliances purchased via a charitable or government-assisted program, or appliances or parts purchased or replaced via a manufacturer’s warranty, are not eligible under HSP’s Replacement Appliance Plan. You are responsible for purchasing the new replacement appliance of your choice at an appliance retailer of your choice.
- To initiate the payment process, you must supply the following documentation:
- Detailed receipts showing the name, address, and telephone number of the appliance retailer from whom replacement appliance was purchased;
- Purchase date; and
- Make, model, and serial number of replacement appliance.
- Submit proof of purchase documentation to CenterPoint Energy at the following address:HSP Replacement Assistance Plan Administration
P.O. Box 1165
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1165
- Submissions for payment must be post marked within 90 days of the date when the covered appliance was deemed non-repairable by CenterPoint Energy. Customers submitting documentation for payment post marked after the specified 90-day time period will forfeit their payment.
- Upon receipt of purchase documentation by CenterPoint Energy, you will be issued a check for the payment specified in the chart below. Please allow up to 8 weeks to process. If you choose to purchase a replacement appliance from CenterPoint Energy, the specified payment shown below will be automatically deducted from the sales price.
- Payment will be made according to the HSP Replacement Assistance Plan chart shown below.
Appliance Type* Payment Boiler $1,700 Central Air Conditioner** $1,300 Clothes Dryer $500 Clothes Washer $500 Dishwasher $400 Free Standing Freezer $450 Furnace $1,300 Gas Fireplace $1,300 Natural Gas or Propane Grill $200 Range $700 Refrigerator 10 cu. ft. or greater $850 Refrigerator 3-9 cu. ft.*** $200 Water Heater $450
*For combination appliances (combo/stacked washer-dryer, combo furnace-water heater, “magic pack” combo furnace-air conditioner) HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan only provides payment for the appliance that CNP determines is non-repairable. For example: washer is non-repairable in a stacked washer-dryer combination so washer only is eligible for payment under the terms of HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan, not the dryer.
**Air handler, a separate piece of equipment, is not eligible for payment under the terms of HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan. Further, mini-split air conditioner individual head replacement is not eligible for payment under the terms of HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan; all heads must be replaced to receive payment under HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan.
***Refrigerators with less than 3 cubic feet capacity are not eligible for payment under the terms of HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan.
- HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan offsets the cost to replace non-repairable appliances. When replacing covered appliances, the difference between HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan payment and the actual cost paid by you, is your responsibility. Charges for removal and disposal of old appliance(s), delivery and installation of new appliance(s), and taxes do not qualify for payment under HSP’s Replacement Assistance Plan.
- To assure continued protection, the HSP Replacement Assistance Plan contract will be automatically renewed at the end of 12 months at regular prices (non-promotional prices and terms then in effect) unless cancelled by you or CenterPoint Energy. CenterPoint Energy or you may cancel the HSP Replacement Assistance Plan contract at that time by giving written notice to the other within 30 days of your contract anniversary date.
- You are purchasing a contract for the HSP Replacement Assistance Plan for one full year. Coverage provided by your HSP repair plan will be automatically renewed on your HSP Replacement Assistance Plan contract anniversary date at the price and terms then in effect.
- For your convenience, if you move from the covered residence during the term of your HSP Replacement Plan contract, both your HSP repair plan contract and your HSP Replacement Assistance Plan contract will be transferred to your new address, if it is within CenterPoint Energy’s HSP appliance repair service territory. When you transfer your account, your HSP repair plan and your HSP Replacement Assistance Plan anniversary dates will be adjusted, with the 12-month term beginning on your transfer date.
- If payments are late, CenterPoint Energy may demand immediate payment of the greater of the entire amount you owe under the one-year term of the contract, or immediate reimbursement of any payments provided to you during the one-year term less any sums paid by you to CenterPoint Energy. Further, if your HSP repair plan or your HSP Replacement Assistance Plan account reaches 120 days past due, CenterPoint Energy will cancel your HSP repair plan including all optional coverage, and also cancel your HSP Replacement Assistance Plan contract. You will remain liable for the amount owed as set forth above. If you pay what is owed on all plans within the one-year HSP Replacement Assistance Plan contract period, all contract plans will be reinstated.
View the Repair Plan Terms & Conditions.