CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus® (HSP)
Pipe Protection Plan $2.95
COVERAGE FOR ACCESSIBLE NATURAL GAS PIPES
FROM YOUR METER TO YOUR GAS APPLIANCES
CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus Pipe Protection Plan is a new service that covers interior, readily accessible, natural gas pipes that run from the gas meter to your natural gas appliances. CenterPoint Energy already responds immediately and inspects the area if you suspect a gas leak, helps ensure the public’s safety and corrects any problems on company equipment. However, sometimes the source of a leak or other problem is on a customer’s natural gas pipe. The homeowner is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and replacing natural gas pipes that run from the meter to the home’s natural gas equipment. This work can be costly.
The Pipe Protection Plan costs just $2.95 a month for one year. Your coverage will automatically renew each year to ensure continued coverage and the cost is conveniently added to your monthly CenterPoint Energy natural gas bill. You’ll get the following benefits for just pennies a day:
- An HSP technician will repair problems with your exposed and easily accessible natural gas lines and the connections to your gas appliances at no charge
- Most repairs are made the same day
- Coverage on the parts and labor necessary to repair the affected area
- Avoids extended periods without the use of your appliances (e.g., furnace, water heater, range or clothes dryer)
- Eliminates the hassle of searching for a reliable company that can safely and expertly work on natural gas pipe repairs
As always, if you smell gas or suspect a gas leak, leave the area immediately on foot. Do NOT use your phone, electric switches, computer, or anything that could cause a spark. Go directly to a safe location in a nearby home or building, and then call 911 and CenterPoint Energy at 1-800-296-9815 or 612-372-5050 immediately.
- As your natural gas utility, CenterPoint Energy is responsible for maintaining a safe, reliable natural gas distribution system that serves your home up to and including the meter that measures your natural gas use.
- Homeowner responsibility begins from the meter on. It’s up to you to maintain a safe, reliable gas distribution system within your home and to purchase, maintain, and operate safe, efficient appliances.
- Home Service Plus®, a non-regulated offering of CenterPoint Energy, is one of a wide variety of qualified sources you can choose when you want to purchase home comfort products and services, including repair of customer-owned interior gas pipes.