Natural Gas: Energy and Comfort for Your Family and Home
Natural gas is the best energy solution for your home. According to the American Gas Association (AGA), using natural gas appliances for heating, water heating, cooking and clothes drying can save an average homeowner $840 per year over using electric appliances.
Natural gas is also 90 percent efficient compared with electricity, which is only 27 percent efficient, and it burns cleaner than other fossil fuels so it is safer for the environment.
Natural Gas is:
- Environmentally clean - A natural gas home creates half as much carbon emissions as an all-electric home does.
- Safe - Natural gas appliances have great safety records, and state-of-the-art equipment has advanced capabilities like auto-shut off.
- Reliable - Reliability is a hallmark of the natural gas industry, and because the natural gas system is underground, outages are rare.
- Economical - Check out current natural gas pricing and see how far your energy dollar goes.
- Domestically produced - There’s currently enough natural gas in the U.S. to power our nation for more than 100 years.
Learn more about the benefits of natural gas >