Natural Gas is Better
Discover the advantages of natural gas
Learn about the benefits of choosing natural gas, one of the most powerful choices you can make today.
- Natural gas continues to be the best energy choice, because it costs less than any other energy source.
- Use our
convenient operating cost calculator to see how you could benefit from choosing natural gas versus electricity or propane for heating, water heating, cooking and clothes drying.
- Reduce your energy bills with our efficiency programs and rebates.
- Natural gas water heaters recover twice as fast and have more hot water available than an electric model.
- Natural gas furnaces deliver air at a comfortable 120 to 125 degrees, versus electric air-source heat pumps.
- With reliable natural gas service, there's no need to worry about surprise power outages that may create disruptions.
- Natural gas equipment is available for nearly every application with a wide range of benefits.
- Natural gas is a cleaner burning fuel that has less impact on the environment.
- High-efficiency natural gas furnaces are more environmentally friendly than geothermal heat pumps.
- Natural gas fireplaces can reduce up to 99 percent of the amount of pollutants and particles emitted into the air compared to wood.
In addition, natural gas provides the following benefits:
- Abundant and Domestic: There is more than a 100-year supply of natural gas in the United States, and 98 percent of the natural gas used in the U.S. comes from North America.
- Spurs Economic Development: The natural gas industry currently employs nearly three million Americans and is adding even more jobs, providing a boost to the American economy.
- Safe: Natural gas appliances have a great safety record, and state-of-the-art equipment now has advanced capabilities like auto-shut off.
Natural gas is today's choice for a cleaner tomorrow!