Furnace Tune-up Rebates
A low-cost tune-up helps your heating system operate at maximum efficiency, lasting longer and reducing costly breakdowns.
Receive a $25 rebate when your heating service technician performs a tune-up that includes these seven required maintenance items.
Required Service Items
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
How the Program Works
- Schedule a heating system tune-up with the heating service technician of your choice between January 1-December 31.
- Heating professional participation is required. Heating professional performs tune-up on natural gas furnace or boiler which includes seven required service items (listed above).
- Dealer or service technician completes the tune-up service and dealer sections of the rebate application for the customer. If your heating dealer does not have the rebate paperwork, they should contact us for assistance.
- Customers will receive a check, not a utility bill credit. Customers will receive a check within 8 weeks from the time that we receive the completed paperwork. Rebates are paid on a first come, first served basis.
This rebate offer is only available for Mississippi residential heating customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy. Rebate is limited to one per natural gas furnace with a qualifying tune-up. The heating system needs to be used as a primary heating source. Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year. New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
Email us for more information about this program.