Furnace and Boiler Tune-up Rebate
Invest in Comfort, Safety and Savings
A low-cost tune-up helps your heating system operate at maximum efficiency, lasting longer and reducing costly breakdowns.
Receive a $25 Mastercard® Prepaid Card when your heating service technician performs a tune-up that includes these seven required maintenance items shown below.
How the Program Works
- Have a qualifying tune-up performed by the heating service professional of your choice between January 1-December 31. For a tune-up to qualify it needs to include the required service items listed below.
- Your heating professional submits a rebate application for your tune-up (including electronic copy of the dated invoice) through our online rebate processing system. Heating professional participation is required.
- We’ll notify you when the application has been submitted and again when payment is approved. Note: providing your heating professional with your email address allows for faster notification.
You will receive a Mastercard® Prepaid Card, not a check or utility bill credit, within eight weeks from the time that we receive the completed application. This card is issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. This card may be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted. Registration, activation, acceptance, or use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Prepaid Card Agreement.
Rebates are paid on a first come, first served basis.
Required Service Items
- Perform carbon monoxide test and adjust gas and/or air if CO is too high.
- Check flame characteristics, and adjust gas and/or air, if needed.
- Check flue gas path from burner to vent for cleanliness and cracks. Clean and report as necessary.
- Check the pilot/igniter for proper operation. Also check the flame sensor/pilot light shut down controls for proper operation.
- Check the condition of the furnace air filter. Recommend the correct replacement part, if necessary.
- Check condition of fan motor(s) and pump motor (for boilers). Lubricate bearings as needed.
- Check the operational controls and adjust, if necessary.
- For Minnesota residential customers who receive natural gas service from CenterPoint Energy.
- Rebate is limited to one per natural gas furnace or boiler with a qualifying tune-up.
Each natural gas heating system is eligible to receive a tune-up rebate every other year.
- The heating system needs to be used as a primary heating source.
- New construction homes are not eligible for this rebate offer.
Email us for more information about this program.