Minnesota Construction Projects
CenterPoint Energy works hard to improve and modernize natural gas pipelines and distribution mains throughout several neighborhoods in its service territories.
View project site information, maps, detour routes and more about projects near you.
Why is Construction Necessary?
- New pipeline segments and system upgrades are needed to help maintain safety and reliability.
- The new piping segments and upgrades are installed with the most current construction standards and requirements, and are designed to facilitate a cost-effective, ongoing inspection process required for all natural gas pipelines.
What Should I Expect?
- You will see CenterPoint Energy and our contractors working on the pipeline in your neighborhood.
- Construction time will vary depending on the size of the property and the specific construction obstacles encountered.
- Construction activities will include: grading (land slope adjustment), excavation of a trench, welding and installation of the pipe, backfilling of the trench with soil and final restoration of the disturbed area with top soil and seed, or asphalt.
CenterPoint Energy understands that construction activity of this sort can be inconvenient to people living and working in the area. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to complete the project as safely as possible in a reasonable time frame.