Home Energy Squad’s trusted energy-efficiency experts arrive at a residence to assess energy-saving opportunities and install energy-efficient materials that will aid in saving energy.
MINNEAPOLIS – August 25, 2011 – On August 28th, CenterPoint Energy customers can visit the Minnesota State Fair’s Eco Experience building on Save Energy day to learn how to protect the environment, reduce their home’s energy use and save money through the company’s Conservation Improvement Programs. Eligible customers can also
purchase a Home Energy Squad Premium Service visit at 50 percent off retail value.
“We’re excited to be offering our energy efficiency experts, technology displays and programs at the Eco Experience. Homeowners who take steps to improve their homes energy efficiency will experience greater comfort, savings on monthly energy bills and reduce their impact on the environment,” said Amber Viehauser, energy efficiency product manager for CenterPoint Energy. “The Minnesota State Fair marks the end of summer and is a reminder that colder weather is around the corner. Many of our customers want to take the next step towards making their home more energy efficient, but don’t know where to start.”
CenterPoint Energy’s Conservation Improvement Program for residential customers includes:
- Home Energy Squad, an innovative program, jointly offered by CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy. Home Energy Squad technicians conduct an in-home assessment of energy savings opportunities, consult with the customer regarding findings and install the energy efficient materials of the customer’s choice, all in one convenient visit. Customers benefit from the installation of such items as programmable thermostats, weather stripping, water heater insulation and more.
- Home energy audits designed to educate customers on steps they can take to make their homes more energy efficient. A certified energy auditor will conduct an analysis of the customer’s home and compile a report with specific actions to improve the home’s energy efficiency. Customers will also receive up to $25 in weatherization materials at the time of the energy audit.
- Free low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators to save water and energy costs. CenterPoint Energy residential customers are eligible to receive up to three free showerheads, and three faucet aerators, even if they have participated in previous programs.
- Rebates for high efficiency equipment including high efficiency water heaters, furnaces and boilers, and natural gas fireplaces with electronic ignition. Customers can receive up to $500 when they upgrade or replace their furnace or boiler.
- Air sealing and insulation rebates to help defray the expense of sealing leaks and upgrading the home’s insulation. CenterPoint Energy will rebate 50 percent of qualifying expenses up to a maximum of $350.
- Offering for low-income household home weatherization for customers whose income is at less than 50 percent of the Minnesota state-median income level and who own a residential structure of 1-4 units.
Last year, CenterPoint Energy assisted more than 84,000 customers in conservation efforts that saved approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet of natural gas, which is enough energy to supply 14,500 households for one year with natural gas and adds up to $9 million in energy cost savings. These programs have also benefited the environment by reducing customers’ total carbon footprint by 69,500 metric tons or enough to remove about 10,000 cars from the roadway in one year.
About Eco Experience:
The Eco Experience at the Minnesota State Fair is a nationally renowned educational exhibit that showcases cutting-edge, environmentally-friendly services and products. It presents Minnesotans with practical ways they can live more sustainable lives, improve the environment, and enhance our quality of life.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines and field services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. Assets total more than $19 billion. With about 8,800 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years. In Minnesota, CenterPoint Energy is the state’s largest natural gas distribution utility, serving about 800,000 customers in 260 communities. The utility also operates a non-regulated business in Minnesota called Home Service Plus®. For more information, visit CenterPointEnergy.com.###