Natural gas vehicles (NGVs) are fast becoming an important part of many companies’ fleets, producing 20 percent less greenhouse gas emissions than standard vehicles. Natural gas is a clean, alternative fuel that is consistently less expensive and more environmentally friendly than diesel or gasoline.
- There are about 153,000 NGVs on U.S. roads today and more than 15.2 worldwide
- There are 1,640 CNG (compressed natural gas) and 123 LNG (liquefied natural gas) fueling stations in the U.S.
- In the U.S., about 50 different manufacturers produce 100 models of light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles and engines
- NGVs meet the strictest emission standards
- NGVs are as safe as, or safer than traditional gasoline or diesel vehicle