Make your natural gas payments more manageable with CenterPoint Energy's Average Monthly Billing plan. By spreading out your costs throughout a 12-month period, your payments become more manageable. Learn more below or simply click the button and enroll.
Enrolling in Average Monthly Billing is easy!
register for or
sign in to My Account and then choose
"Enroll in Average Monthly Billing."
Your account can stay enrolled in Average Monthly Billing for as long as you need, but your account must remain in good standing. If you close your account or if service is turned off for non-payment or if your account becomes two months past due, your Average Monthly Billing plan will be discontinued.
If you would like to discontinue Average Monthly Billing, please contact CenterPoint Energy.
If you de-enroll or if you are removed from the program, we will review your account and send you a bill with the difference between what you have paid on the Average Monthly Billing plan and the amount of natural gas you have used.
- If you have paid more for natural gas than you have used, we will issue you a credit.
- If you have an outstanding deferred balance, a deferred payment agreement may be available to qualifying customers.
How your Average Monthly Billing amount is calculated
- Your Average Monthly Billing payment amount is based on the average dollar amount of your last 12 months' bills.
- Each month, the difference between the average amount that you are billed and the actual usage is placed into a deferred balance, either as a credit or debit.
- One-twelfth of the deferred balance is applied to your average amount on each bill, and the sum is rounded to the nearest dollar to determine your total Average Monthly Billing amount.