Home Energy Audit
Find out where your house is losing energy and money
A Home Energy Audit offers a comprehensive in-depth energy analysis of your home to help you make the most of your energy dollar.
How energy efficient is your home?
Our Home Energy Audits help you make the most of your energy dollar. Our certified energy auditor will help you learn:
- Techniques to lower your home's energy use.
- How much money you could save when you use less energy.
- How energy efficiency can also improve your comfort year-round.
We offer audits covering just the basics or a more in-depth energy analysis. Select the one that best meets your needs.
Walk-Through Audit, $25*
A general overview and visual inspection of your home. A certified energy auditor will conduct a basic energy analysis of your home evaluating:
Heating and structural efficiency
- Conduct efficiency and other checks of your space heating equipment.
- Provide other simple energy-saving improvements to increase your heating efficiency, such as replacing furnace filters, etc.
- Recommend ways to seal air leaks and generally tighten your home, including adding weather stripping, upgrading insulation, replacing windows or doors, and much more.
- Water heating
- Air conditioning
- Natural gas consumption
Free weatherization materials
Your certified auditor may also provide you with up to $25 of free basic weatherization materials to help you get started in making efficiency improvements.
Standard Home Energy Audit, $100
A comprehensive in-depth technical analysis of your home
This process takes a more thorough look into your home's energy situation, providing detailed information for greater potential energy savings.
This program provides you with all the services of our Walk-Through Audit, plus valuable additions:
- Perform a blower door test and infrared inspection
- Assess your attic's weatherization and review your home's building envelope
- Perform a combustion safety test and carbon monoxide (CO) check**
- Deliver a report that details the energy-saving opportunities uncovered during the audit and provides recommendations to guide your improvement projects.
Which audit is right for you?
If you experience two or more of the following, our Standard Energy Audit is recommended.
- Ice dams on the roof
- Moisture or frost in the attic
- Mold or moisture spots on interior walls
- Condensation on your windows
- Stains around ceiling exhaust fan(s)
- Cold spots in areas of the house
- Inadequate or older insulation
Scheduling is easy - Call 888-240-4123 to set-up a convenient appointment.
CenterPoint Energy’s Home Energy Audits are offered to our customers at a reduced price, which is less than half of the actual cost of the audit.
Your energy audit will be conveniently billed on your CenterPoint Energy bill after it has taken place.
*For some income levels, there may be no fee for this Audit.
**Tests cannot be performed on all heating systems.