The 14th Annual Salty Dog Fishing Tournament took place on June 26 and 27, in Rockport, Texas, and raised $10,000 for the Don D. Jordan scholarship fund. Rick Zapalac, Gas Operations division vice president of the Texas region and executive sponsor of the event, was extremely proud of the employee turnout and the amount of money raised for the scholarship fund.
“Once again the tournament committee put together a fantastic event with more than 200 participants enjoying fish, food and fellowship, a major draw for this event for the past 14 years. Without the wonderful committee and dedicated sponsors this tournament would not be possible,” said Zapalac. Pictured left to right are Larry Dolgner, service technician; Ed Briggs, engineering manager; Zapalac and Ron Chaney, operations supervisor. The 1st place winners in each category follow:
- Speckled Trout (6.71 lbs): David Preiss, C&M technician
- Redfish (9.08 lbs): Clayton Janako
- Speckled Trout Stringer (36.23 lbs): Bill Gurke
- Redfish Stringer (18.42): Danny Marrs
- Flounder (5.12): Paul Charanza, corrosion protection technician
- Drum (3.55): Antonio Martinez, utility leader
- Hardhead (1.82): Gary Supak, C&M technician
For a complete list of tournament winners and more information about this annual tournament, see the Salty Dog Web site at http://saltydog.info/.