While we recognize there are many important issues facing our communities today, CenterPoint Energy focuses on the three main areas listed below. We are committed to working in partnership with nonprofit organizations located and/or serving communities within our service area.
Education is a critical building block in the success of individuals, the community and the future workforce of our company. CenterPoint Energy applauds and supports the teachers and educational institutions in our service area.
- By partnering with post-secondary technical educational institutions, CenterPoint energy helps shape technical curriculum development and scholarships to facilitate recruitment and retention of employees for CenterPoint Energy.
- Encouraging the success and imagination of young people interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) is supported through our partnership.
Strong relationships open windows of opportunity. While we know that one solution does not necessarily fit all, the power of relationships allows us to target solutions for those in our communities who will help build inclusive and sustainable communities by focusing on supporting:
- Natural Gas Safety. Local support for communities that promote natural gas public safety. www.CenterPointEnergy.com/besafe
- Outreach for Low Income customers (Energy Assistance, Conservation and Rebate Programs, Affordable Housing). Support for organizations that develop, build, communicate and deliver programs focused on energy assistance, conservation and affordable housing for low-income customers. www.CenterPointEnergy.com/mnpaymentassistance
- Environmental Stewardship through energy efficiency and conservation improvement. CenterPoint Energy operates one of the largest natural gas energy efficiency and Conservation Improvement Programs in the nation. www.CenterPointEnergy.com/rebates
Health and Human Services
CenterPoint Energy supports health and human services in the communities we serve through our efforts with United Way.