The Hard to Reach Standard Offer Program encourages energy efficiency improvements in households with incomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guideline. The Public Utility Commission of Texas requires that each utility meet at least 5 percent of its savings goal for each year through programs targeted to this customer class. The current eligibility criteria based on U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines are presented below.
For more information, please email our program contact at hardtoreachsop@CenterPointEnergy.com.
A project can cover a wide array of energy efficiency measures. Examples of eligible measures include:
- Increasing the insulation levels in the ceiling, wall, or floor.
- Installing energy efficient windows.
- Repairing or replacing the air-conditioning duct system.
- Installing a high efficiency lighting system.
- Replacing an existing air-conditioning system with a high-efficiency system.
- Upgrading existing appliances to energy efficient appliances, including; water heaters, refrigerators and dishwashers.
- Weatherizing the home to reduce the loss of cool or heated air.
Please visit http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/12poverty.shtml to see if you mee the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Please contact a Project Sponsor if you are a CenterPoint Energy customer interested in participating in this program.
Additional Program Information