Consumers can register at www.SmartMeterTexas.com to access detailed views of their electric usage history in 13-month, 30-day, or 24-hour snapshots down to 15-minute intervals including usage data up two days previous.
The Smart Meter Texas portal also allows retail electric providers (REPs) to access their smart meter customers' usage information to support retail offerings such as energy analysis tools, time-of-use rates, and pre-paid service. Through the portal, REPs can also connect Home Area Network devices to smart meters to help consumers better manage their electricity use by remotely controlling smart electric appliances and thermostats, which are under development by a number of manufacturers.
For more information, or to register your meter, visit www.SmartMeterTexas.com.
Click here for an online demo of the Smart Meter Texas web portal.
Important things to know about Smart Meter Texas
- To register, you will need your meter number and ESI ID (electric service identifier), which are on your bill.
- The best browsers to view the Smart Meter Texas website are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Familiarize yourself with the site by viewing the online demo and Frequently Asked Questions.
- To view electric usage from the period before your smart meter was installed, contact your retail electric provider.
- You may contact the Smart Meter Texas help desk at 1-888-616-5859.