The Retro-Commissioning (RCx) Market Transformation Program offered by CenterPoint Energy promotes the tune-up of major energy-consuming systems in existing commercial buildings, including manufacturing facilities, hospitals, educational campuses, retail stores etc.
Typical RCx Measures include HVAC Temperature Reset; Outside Air Reduction; Optimize HVAC Start-Up; Lighting (de-lamping, day-lighting, etc.); Add VFD’s; etc.
Now accepting applications for new projects and new RCx Agents.
For more information, please email
RCx Full and Fast Track Program Basics
- Technical Energy Analysis performed on your facility at NO cost to Owner, by a qualified RCx Agent (engineering consulting firms specializing in your market segment).
- Customer must install at their own cost, specified low cost measures identified in the Analysis which reduces operating and energy costs sufficiently to be a cost-effective project and resulting in a Simple Payback < 3 years.
- Customer has opportunity to earn incentives up to $10,000 based on verified energy savings from implemented measures.
- Projects must be completed by approved project deadlines.
- Successful RCx projects may benefit from Optimized System Performance, and Improved Indoor Environmental Quality resulting in fewer comfort issues.
- Existing facilities should be at least 400,000 square feet of air-conditioned space for RCx "Full" projects; or, between 150,000 and 400,000 square feet of air-conditioned space for RCx "Fast Track" projects. Facilities should have a higher than average energy consumption.
Additional RCx Full and Fast TrackProgram Information