The Retro-Commissioning (RCx) Program offered by CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric promotes the tune-up of major energy-consuming systems in existing commercial buildings, including manufacturing facilities, hospitals, educational campuses, retail stores etc.
Typical RCx measures include HVAC Temperature Reset; Outside Air Reduction; Optimize HVAC Start-Up; Lighting (de-lamping, day-lighting, etc.); Add VFD’s; etc.
Now accepting applications for new projects and new RCx agents.
For more information, please email retrocommissioning@CenterPointEnergy.com.
RCx Program Basics
- A technical energy analysis is performed on your facility at NO cost to Owner, by a qualified RCx agent (engineering consulting firms specializing in your market segment).
- Customer must install, at their own cost, specified low cost measures identified in the analysis which reduces operating and energy costs sufficiently to be a cost-effective project and resulting in a simple payback < 3 years.
- Projects must be completed by approved project deadlines.
- Successful RCx projects may benefit from optimized system performance and improved indoor environmental quality resulting in fewer comfort and maintenance issues.
- Existing facilities should be at least 100,000 square feet of air-conditioned space. Facilities should have a higher than average energy consumption.
Additional RCx Program Information