Minneapolis is home to several major sports teams as well as a variety of outdoor recreational activities year round.
College and Professional Sports:
- Afton Alps
- Buck Hill
- Bunker Beach
- Carpenter Nature Center
- Lake Minnetonka
- Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board
- Three Rivers Parks District
- Wild Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area
- Other Recreation
Fast facts about Minneapolis sports and recreation:
- Minneapolis has a professional team representing them in MLB, the NFL, the NBA, the WNBA and the NHL.
- There are 22 lakes within the city limits of Minneapolis.
- Minneapolis offers more than 50 miles of paths for walking and biking and more than 100 parks.
- There are five golf courses in the city limits of Minneapolis and more than 170 courses in the metro area.