CenterPoint Energy seeks opportunities to assist in the development and competitiveness of diverse business enterprises through instruction, mentoring, and other outreach activities, such as the following:
- Participation in local, state, and national minority and women-owned business councils
- Sponsorship of various diversity tradeshows including the annual Houston Minority Business Council Expo, the annual Women's Business Enterprise Alliance Expo, the annual City of Houston Government Expo, Small Business Administration Expos and the Edison Electric Institute Diversity Expo.
- Sponsorship of networking events and educational workshops for diverse and prime (non-diverse) suppliers
- Scholarship of diverse suppliers through local diversity business councils and Edison Electric Institute
- Supplier mentoring
- Active second-tier business initiatives