Contractors with a login ID for the CenterPoint Energy network must access training through the Contractor Training Portal.
All other contractors:
Welcome to CenterPoint Energy’s Contractor Training Resource page.
This page has been developed to house specific required training courses for CenterPoint Energy contractors. As part of CenterPoint Energy’s commitment to its core values - Integrity, Accountability, Initiative and Respect - your familiarity and adherence to the provisions of required training has a fundamental impact on the way we organize and conduct our business and is a critical element of the company’s ongoing compliance efforts.
After reviewing the appropriate course information, please print and complete 2 copies of the course certification:
- Keep one for your records.
- Forward the other to your management or appropriate representative within your company.
Please note that you are required to complete this training within 30 days of the date you begin providing contract services for CenterPoint Energy. You and your company may be required to produce this certification upon request as evidence of your compliance with this requirement by CenterPoint Energy or other commissioned auditing firms. Click on the links below to access the appropriate contractor training course.
FERC Standards of Conduct Training - Required for contractors in:
- CNP Gas Transmission (CEGT)
- Mississippi River Transmission (MRT)
- CNP Pipelines Services (CEPS)
- CNP Services (CES)
- CNP Service Company (CESC)*
*Certain employees in CNP Service Company (CESC) are not required to take this training. CNP Service Company (CESC) includes Finance, IT, General Counsel, HR and Business Support Services.
PUCT Code of Conduct Training - Required for contractors in:
- CNP Service Company (CESC)
- CNP Electric Operations
- CES - Business Development Division
- CES - Electric Brokering (Texas only)
- CES - TrueCost Business
- Gas Distribution Services - Customer Services
- Gas Distribution Services - Marketing and Sales
- Gas Distribution Services - Rates and Regulatory
- Regulated Operations Technology (AMS / IG)
- Corporate and Energy Services Business Development
- Executives located in Texas (VP level and above)
Security Awareness Training (Right click to download pdf file) - Required for contractors:
- Contractors with a login ID for the CenterPoint Energy network
- Contractors identified by CenterPoint Energy management in addition to those above
- Security Awareness Certificate of Completion (for individual contractor)
- Security Awareness Acknowledgement Form of Completion (for group contractor training sessions)
Customer Service Identity Theft Prevention Training - Required for contractors:
- Contractors in the Call Center and Credit departments