Contractors with a CenterPoint Energy SAP ID (example: 00912345) must access training through the Contractor Training LearnCenter.
All Contractors who DO NOT have an SAP ID:
This page has been developed to house specific required training courses for CenterPoint Energy contractors. As part of CenterPoint Energy’s commitment to its core values - Safety, Integrity, Accountability, Initiative and Respect - your familiarity and adherence to the provisions of required training has a fundamental impact on the way we organize and conduct our business and is a critical element of the company’s ongoing compliance efforts.
After reviewing the appropriate course information, please print and complete 2 copies of the course certification:
- Keep one for your records.
- Forward the other to your management or appropriate representative within your company.
Please note that you are required to complete this training within 30 days of the date you begin providing contract services for CenterPoint Energy. You and your company may be required to produce this certification upon request as evidence of your compliance with this requirement by CenterPoint Energy or other commissioned auditing firms. Click on the links below to access the appropriate contractor training course.
Security Awareness Training - Required for:
- Contractors with CNP network access (login ID)
- Contractors identified by CNP management in addition to those above
PUCT Code of Conduct Training - Required for contractors in:
- CNP Service Company/CESC (Texas only)*
- Executives located in Texas (VP level and above)
- CNP Electric Division
- Gas Division – Customer Services
- Gas Division – Marketing and Sales
- CES – Market Services (Texas only)
- CES – Gulf Coast Marketing (Texas only)
- CES – Mass Markets
*Certain employees in CNP Service Company (CESC) are not required to take this training. CNP Service Company (CESC) includes Finance, IT, General Counsel, HR and Business Support Services.
Customer Service Identity Theft Prevention Training - Required for:
- Contractors in the Call Center and Credit departments