What is considered a CLAIM for purposes of this process?
- Property damage, vehicle damage, personal injury, lost time or wages.
- Damage to CenterPoint Energy facilities caused by a third party.
What is NOT a CLAIM?
- Billing issues, power quality, tree trimming requests, employee complaints. Please contact Customer Service at 713-207-2222 to request assistance with these issues.
When you file a claim, it will be assigned to a licensed claims adjuster to conduct an investigation. As part of the investigation, your claims adjuster may request certain documentation to evaluate your claim. The following types of documentation may be requested from you, but does not constitute an exhaustive list of the information that a claims adjuster may review to arrive at a claim determination.
- Property/Vehicle Damage Claims: estimates, invoices, and/or proof of purchase, title
- Personal Injury Claims : medical records and receipts
- Lost Time or Wages Claims: amount of time you were unable to work, proof of the loss
- Food Spoilage Claims: itemized list of food loss and the cost of each item
Any other claims filed not mentioned above may also require documentation to evaluate the loss.
Our Policy and Process
It is our policy to respond promptly to claims reported to CenterPoint Energy. We will strive to reach a decision regarding your claim within 7-10 days of the initial claim submission, but in some cases, a lengthier investigation may be required. In all cases, you will be contacted once a final decision has been reached. At any time, you may contact your claims adjuster to check on the status of your claim.
CenterPoint Energy makes reasonable provisions to provide steady and continuous service to electric and gas consumers in its service areas, but does not guarantee uninterrupted service. Circumstances beyond CenterPoint Energy’s control – including, but not limited to weather, wildlife, and third party damage – may result in interruptions of service. In addition, there may be laws, statutes, tariffs, or regulations that limit the liability of CenterPoint Energy for certain types of damages. Your adjuster will discuss any applicable laws, statutes, tariffs, or regulations with you once the claim investigation has been completed.
|Natural Gas Tariff Information||Electric Tariff Information|
> Arkansas (Section 3.8)
|> Electric (Section 5.2)|
THIS SITE CONTAINS COPIES OF CENTERPOINT ENERGY'S TARIFFS. THE OFFICIAL TARIFFS ARE ON FILE WITH THE APPROPRIATE GOVERNING AGENCY FOR EACH STATE. ALTHOUGH EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ENSURE THAT THE TARIFFS ON THIS SITE ARE ACCURATE AND ARE UPDATED ON A TIMELY BASIS, CENTERPOINT ENERGY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THEY ARE IDENTICAL IN EVERY RESPECT TO THE OFFICIAL TARIFFS ON FILE WITH THE APPROPRIATE GOVERNING AGENCY FOR EACH STATE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DIFFERENCES.
Submitting a Claim
There are multiple ways to submit your claim:
- Phone: Please call us to submit your claim at 1-888-861-0498 or 713-207-7722.
- Online: Please click the following link; fill the form out as thoroughly as possible.
- Mail or Fax: Please print the claims form, fill the form out as thoroughly as possible, and mail/fax it to the number below with any supporting documentation.
Fax it to: 713-207-0204
CenterPoint Energy: Claims Department
PO Box 61860
Houston, TX 77208-1860